Thursday 1 August 2013

new tool Airfix Fw 190 A and Mosquito NF II reissue in 1:72 scale



A quick trip here ....modest and unpreposessing exterior, but inside one of the best cafe/restaurants in Kent, not to mention model shops !...



via this location... always something to look at and pick up cheaply, in this instance a couple of years worth of back issues of Classic Aircraft magazine at 10p each...


and calling in here to round off the day, "The Cat and Custard Pot ", a mile down the road from Hawkinge in the village of Paddlesworth and advertised as a "genuine" 'Battle of Britain' pub, certainly well patronised by all based at Hawkinge over the years from the pictures and memorabilia on the walls..




..there can't be many pubs in the UK with pictures of Jean Demozay  -91 Squadron CO and a leading French ace- on the wall; in fact I always wonder whether the regulars even know who the man was...FWIW my small tribute to this great pilot and Frenchie is here..

to secure a few of these....



I am finding it a little difficult to raise much enthusiasm for a new tool Airfix Fw 190 - I mean their old one wasn't that bad, I've built it a few times along with some 20 other Academy, Revell and Hasegawa Fw 190s in 1:72nd scale...however the kit looks to be very nicely done indeed; detailed cockpit, weighted wheels, two canopys and the possibility of posing them open, detailed exhaust inserts. I'm planning a very quick OOB to get my build tally up for the year. The Mosquito is a kit I've wanted to build since I  was a kid, looks great in its nice red box, as I have a shelf of 'black' aircraft I know which one I'll be doing. You can click on these pictures to get in close...







1 comment:

  1. That Mosquito is still a really good kit. Spice up the cockpit, use a better canopy, and it can (sort of) stand next to Tamiya's.

    ReplyDelete