Monday, 10 April 2017

72nd RS Models Me 309 - first look in-box review build finished (3)







..just finished the new RS Models Me 309. Not a bad little kit. Made a mess of the undercarriage, ruined the decals as they were very thin and stuck fast on contact and guess what..its a tail sitter, despite the nose weight...so I've quickly cobbled together this base so that I can stick the model down which will also make it easier to handle. I took a razor saw to the rather thick canopy, cut it into three parts to show the folding hood and also achieved a much better fit of the windshield at the same time. A pilot figure or two would set the model off nicely perhaps.. but can I find my Reheat Models figures when I want them?









5 comments:

  1. Excellent work on The ME 309.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really marvellous - beautiful finish. It's great to see these a/c which are so familiar from William Green's little books from all those decades ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job! To me it looks like a 109 crossed with a 262; that nose profile, tail fin, canopy and camo scheme are very reminiscent of the stormbird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very helpful suggestions that help in the optimizing website. thank for sharing the link.
    โคนัน

    ReplyDelete