Wednesday 31 May 2017

current WIP - Fujimi RN F-4 Phantom and Revell Spitfire Mk IX in 32nd scale




..some progress on my Fujimi FG.1 - after the first coat of paint I decided that I wasn't happy with the fuselage seam or the fit of the canopy. So more filling and filing. Note also the EDSG appears rather 'blue' in the pic of the real machine, not sure whether to replicate that or not ..or even how. I'm was a little worried about the quality of the kit decals, so I've applied a couple of the large items..without too much hassle..







Below; Revell Spitfire IX cockpit completed and installed in the fuselage - no issues, except maybe with the Eduard belts, more my fault than theirs I guess. I'm guessing this is the same construction sequence/parts as in their Mk II because there are some parts not entirely appropriate for the Mk IX.






3 comments:

  1. Nice work so far. I built a fujimi FG-1 years ago. It is a very nice kit. Watching the Spitfire build might force me to buy. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cheers Gary, thanks for watching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watching the Spitfire build might force me to buy. Keep up the good work.



    เย็ดสาว

    ReplyDelete