Wednesday 16 November 2011

Airfix Spitfire Mk I

Well there has been some modelling going on here..although events on the Luftwaffe blog have taken priority somewhat recently; the 'run-in' with the author of 'Grey Wolf - The escape of Adolf Hitler', meeting Sir Max Hastings and spending time with his lastest 700-page WWII history blockbuster...

Another view of the recently completed Airfix Hawk



..and some progress on the 48th scale Spitfire I started back in July! Fit isn't brilliant, especially around the canopy and I must admit that I got a little discouraged. I then went and lost the tail wheel, so I've had to scratch a new one which actually turned out quite well in the end. Another Revell P-47 is also at the painting stage so I'm likely to get a couple of models finished this month. Here's a look at what I've been doing before I present a big gallery of some of the marvellous models on display at this year's IPMS Scale Model World in Telford. A selection of the best Luftwaffe models at the show is also on line on my Luftwaffe blog. See the link on the right hand side of the page in 'My blog list'...





No comments:

Post a Comment