Wednesday 31 July 2013

new tool Airfix 1:72 Gloster Gladiator Mk. I - finished



in pre-war 73 Squadron markings OOB. A bit out of my 'comfort zone' this one, but I am reasonably happy with it. Rattle-can finish looks slightly grainy at this magnification and adding the rigging did of course nearly ruin the finish altogether. I am though tempted to get the Xtradecal sheet from Hannants and do a few more, especially a few Finnish Gladiators. Next time around I might be tempted to assemble the engine and cowl together before attaching to the airframe. The rigging diagram was a great help and while I haven't added every last line - its a very small kit - again I'm happy enough with the overall effect. Thanks for looking and please do comment...right, now to break open that 32nd scale Revell G-6 that's just arrived!









4 comments:

  1. Those decals look great on the Glad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leaving you comfort zone always improves skills, and your result reflects that. Very nice model.

    Tim

    ReplyDelete