Sunday 27 November 2016

new tool 1:72nd Revell F4U Corsair - build review (2) - Jim Streig VF-17 ace






well, it was a new-tool when I first started this build in January 2015 - I guess no longer, now that I've just finished it in November 2016! ..another one rescued from the 'shelf of doom'..a neat kit, one or two little inaccuracies but nothing too major to worry about and apart from the nine-part wing went together quite well. finished in the markings of 'ace' Jim Streig of VF-17






As usual I've missed something out before proceeding to the 'photo-shoot' (prop stencils)  but still. I'm not much of a 'weatherer'  - this has been finished with some light oil washes ...especially to tone down the decals.







Part I of this build including the box/sprue shots is here If you want to watch a 'pro' modeller build and finish this kit then watch Dusan's video below, a single click to view here..





No comments:

Post a Comment