Friday, 9 October 2026

Eduard Fw 190 A - 'old' new-tool. What a dog! (part 2)

 

Finished the Eduard Fw 190 A-5 - the 'old' new-tool 'weekend edition'  Obviously it is not designed to be built 'closed-up' (or even finished in a weekend!) but I did not want to leave it all open. I drew the line at filling, filing and sanding a second cannon-bay hatch and left the starboard wing-root door open. Some of the engine parts have to be mounted (somehow) inside the cowling panels in order to have the BMW fan correctly positioned



The other point to mention about this kit is the poor 'sit' or 'stance' of the finished model - it definitely needs some tweaks to the gear legs. 



Finished as 'black 7' of II./JG 54. Still not 100% convinced by the paint finish, it looks a little too neat to my eyes, but at this stage I was just happy to get something that looked reasonably 'presentable' on the shelf




Some images from Huw Morgan's build of this kit - or rather the A-8/R2 boxing - that was featured in the now defunct 'SAMI' in 2015. I chuckled at the 'minimal filler' needed. There isn't one part of this kit that fits to another that doesn't require it! Obviously if you attempt this - I do have another in the stash -  you will encounter the same issues.








No comments:

Post a Comment